Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 8, hat number 8...

from the front

from the back
Hello Everyone!!!'It has been a dark and gloomy cold winters day.... so I found the  brightest colors I could to knit today's hat with. I used a deep purple and a turquoise Icelandic wool, mixed in with those two colors is a very bright orange wool. This hat is very soft and light.
Thanks to all of the participants on my facebook page!!! If you haven't entered the free hat contest you have 12 more days to enter. I ordered some beautiful wool this morning and I am waiting for it to arrive next week. You will see some very interesting pieces next week. There will be another 20's themed hat with a flower in a black and deep red, and you will see a red hat with a strongly defined band, as well as a hat with three shades of pink. These are just a few of the hats that I have planned for next week. I am still trying to decide how to make the peacock hat, and trying to figure out where in the world I can find an actual peacock feather. If anyone has any ideas leave a comment. Tomorrows hat will be a neutral felted alpaca hat, that can be worn by either a man or a women. It will be a beige color.... and its one of my favorite yarns to work with.
The hats you have seen me make the last 8 days will be on my etsy store for sale this weekend.
My store is at www.vtwoolgatherer.com. Thanks for following my hat project. I hope you are having as much fun as I am. I am thinking of putting a tutorial up how to make your own hat, does this interest anyone that is following my blog? I would take a very simple design and show you how to do it. Let me know if this is something you want to see me do.... until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment