Thursday, November 1, 2012

3rd Annual 20 Hats in 20 days.... Day 1 Hat 1

Its day one of the hat project and today I have chosen a new type of hat to make. I got the idea from a book that I saw when I was on vacation a few years ago. The book talked about re-purposing old sweaters into purses and hats and that sort of thing, this is not re-purposed but it is cut and sewn unlike my other hats I have made up until this point. It was knit first into a fabric and then felted and I cut out two circles that were 11 inches . I took a 6 inch circle out of the middle on one of my pieces and I sewed them together to make a beret. It came out looking more like a 1920's flapper hat..... I used tweed for the brown piece and I used white fishermans wool for the band. Please leave comments. I would like to know what you think, and I am interested to know what you would like me to make. It has been suggested that I make a hat that has a peacock color to it... what about a peacock design??? I am thinking this through right now.... Also I will have a hat contest again this year so keep your eyes out for details.

1 comment:

  1. I lOVE the 1920's/30's look! Especially if you could do the flower piece with a decorative dark button in the middle! The peacock design would fit nicely into that same era also. I dig it!

    ReplyDelete