Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 17, hat 16 and 17...

 Hello Everyone!!! Sorry about the goof-up yesterday... every once and awhile ( and I know that fellow knitters can sympathize with this) one has to pull out the work they have done and simply start over again. This is true for any project or craft, but knitting is especially kind to re-do's. Basically I overshot on the hat band and I made it too thick but I realized this before i felted it and I had to unravel it and re-roll it into a ball and start over again this evening. I am glad I started hat 16 over again and I am really happy with how it turned out. I have seth modeling it for me because the hat was made for a head that is larger than mine, actually my husbands head is the exact same size as my customer. This is for demonstration so that she will know that this hat will fit her head. Tonight I was also trying to get caught up with todays hat number 17 and it turned into a scary baby hat..... You can see the scary baby hat on the top picture...  Seth thinks it is a good hat for a garden gnome and he might just be right. Have any of you read that book about gnomes.... the one they put out in the 1980's.... well this is dead on... sigh... Anyone have a garden gnome in desperate need of a winter hat.... don't want him to get cold outside in the Vermont this winter... got to protect those who protect the garden.
Tomorrow I will be knitting a hat with 3 shades of pink. It is a special order and It is going to be in the same style as a had I did early on that had 3 shades of blue.
until then...
Thanks for following my project and thanks for heaving me suggestions on my facebook page.
All hats that are not special order will show up on my etsy store in a few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment